The Phantom of the Earth (The Phantom of the Earth #1-5) - by Raeden Zen
2 out of 5 stars (it was OK)
To compare it with Tolkien and Herbert is, in my opinion, a bit of an exaggeration. I found The Phantom of the Earth to be OK. It didn't reach out and grab me, but it didn't really push me away either. While it kept my interest enough to finish, I had no trouble putting it down when it was time.
Now that I'm done I'm looking forward to reading The Andromeda Strain, a book I read many years ago. Perhaps I'm too grounded in the greats like Tolkien, Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, etc. to really appreciate newer authors such as Raeden Zen.
To compare it with Tolkien and Herbert is, in my opinion, a bit of an exaggeration. I found The Phantom of the Earth to be OK. It didn't reach out and grab me, but it didn't really push me away either. While it kept my interest enough to finish, I had no trouble putting it down when it was time.
Now that I'm done I'm looking forward to reading The Andromeda Strain, a book I read many years ago. Perhaps I'm too grounded in the greats like Tolkien, Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, etc. to really appreciate newer authors such as Raeden Zen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home